I'd like to share a little proof-of-concept with you and get some feedback on it. I have made a digital download of the entire Ruby of Ragnoor storyline.
So you can download this to your desktop, iPad or other tablet, and read the entire thing, from start to finish, with no ads. Oh, and if you do it now, you'll get to see tomorrow's comic, too!
It's available as a PDF. (And I've created a special low-resolution PDF if that one is too big for you. That should work fine on iPads.
Special for Kindle Fire usersFor you guys who got a KIndle Fire for Christmas, it's available as a MOBI file. If you want to send it to your Kindle Fire, follow these easy-peasy steps. NOTE: A CORRECTED VERSION HAS BEEN UPLOADED!
Right-click the link above and choose Save to Disk. For Mac people, hold the Control button down and click, then choose Download Linked File.
You can email this MOBI file to your Kindle account as a Personal Document. The next time you sync your Fire, it will show up on your Carosel. Here's what you're going to do. To send a document to your Kindle, it must be e-mailed to the user's Kindle e-mail address. This is not the address that is used to sign into the user's Amazon account. Rather, it is a special Kindle.com address that the user obtained when he or she registered their account.
Finding your Kindle e-mail
- Sign in to your Amazon account and go down to Manage My Kindle
- Under Your Kindle Account (left-hand column) you will see a link to Personal Document Settings.
- Under Send-to-Kindle E-mail Settings is a list of e-mail addresses. If the user used a Kindle app for their smartphone, there will be separate e-mail addresses to send personal documents to those devices as well.
Approved Personal Document E-mail list
- This is a list of all the e-mail addresses that are allowed to send personal documents to the user's devices.
- Make sure the e-mail you're using to send this document to your Fire is on this list.
- Under Your Kindle Library, is a link to Personal Documents.
- Once a user sends a document to their Kindle e-mail address, it will appear under Personal Documents.
- Using the Action toggle on the far right, the user can choose Deliver to my... to push that document out to their device.
I've formatted the Kindle version so you can read one-strip-at-a-time in landscape mode, which will result is a nice, big, crisp image.
If you're interested in seeing more digital downloads, please take a moment and help me test this out. Be sure to contact me with any thoughts, suggestions or bugs.
POLL: I own a digital tablet -- like a Kindle, iPad, Nook, etc. -- and I'd like to see more Evil Inc downloadable offerings.
240 people have voted in this poll. (This poll is not active.)